Uploading and Downloading Files
The functionality described on this page and in the entire chapter Working with Web Servers: Copying Files is available only in the Ultimate Edition of IntelliJ IDEA.
On this page:
- Uploading files and folders
- Downloading files and folders
Uploading files and folders
IntelliJ IDEA provides the following main ways to upload project files and folders to a deployment server:
- Manually, at any time through a menu command.
- Automatically, every time a file is updated, or before starting a debugging session, or during commit to your version control system.
To upload a file or folder manually:
To upload a file or folder to the default server manually:
To upload checked-in files immediately after commit:
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, choose the target server from the Upload file to drop-down list. Choose one of the existing server access configurations or create a new one: click the Browse button and configure access to the relevant server in the Deployment dialog box that opens.
- To have IntelliJ IDEA automatically upload checked in files to the chosen server, select the Always use selected server check box.
To configure automatic upload of changed files to the default server:
- Open the Options dialog box: Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S or by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS. Expand the Build, Execution, Deployment node, and then click Options under Deployment.
- In the Upload changed files automatically to the default server drop-down list, specify when you want IntelliJ IDEA to upload changed files: