In this section:
Offline mode basics
The Perforce plugin keeps a log of VCS operations performed while offline, and replays the log when the user comes back online. The log of operations is stored in the
.iws file and persists between IntelliJ IDEA restarts.
While offline, you can perform the following operations, which will be automatically replayed in online mode:
- Move to another changelist
- View Committed/Incoming changes (displaying cached information only).
The following operations are not supported in offline mode: update, commit, integrate, tracking of the unversioned, locally deleted and modified without checkout files (unversioned files are shown as unchanged), and any other operations that require server connection.
To go to offline mode, do one of the following
- Automatically, when the Perforce server becomes unavailable. IntelliJ IDEA switches to the offline mode automatically, and displays an offline notification in a pop-up window. To enable this behaviour, select the Switch to offline mode automatically if Perforce is unavailable check box in the Perforce page of the Settings dialog box.
- Manually at anytime, by choosing and select Work Offline on the main menu.
When offline mode is activated, the following notification balloon appears:
This balloon fades after a while; Perforce is offline message appears at the bottom of the Local Changes tab of the Version Control tool window.
To return to online mode, do one of the following
- Choose and clear Work Offline.
- In the offline notification balloon, click the Go online link.
- In the Local Changes tab of the Version Control tool window, click the Go online link: