Grails Application Forge
IntelliJ IDEA lets you create a project using Grails Application Forge service. Application Forge generates a template project and automatically sets all required dependencies according to the selected features and profiles instead of configuring them manually. It generates a full project, or a build file with Gradle.
Creating a project with Grails Applicaton Forge
- If no project is currently open, click Create New Project on the welcome screen; otherwise select .
- On the page that opens, in the left pane, select Application Forge.
- In the right pane, specify a project SDK (JDK). If the necessary JDK is already defined in IntelliJ IDEA, select it from the list. Otherwise, click New and select JDK from the list. Then, in the dialog that opens, select the installation folder of the desired JDK (by this time, the corresponding JDK must already be installed on your computer).
- Specify the Grails SDK, other Application Forge settings and click Next.
- On the next page, specify the project information and click Finish.
IntelliJ IDEA will create a fully-functional Grails project with the predefined structure, Gradle build file and a set of libraries.