Mixing Java and Kotlin in One Project
On this page:
Creating Java files in Kotlin projects
To create a Java file in a Kotlin project, follow these steps
- In the Project Tool Window, select the target package or directory, where you want the Java class to be created.
- Press Alt+Insert, choose Java Class from the pop-up menu, select its kind, and specify its name. See Creating Java Classes, Interfaces, Enumerations and Annotations.
Creating Kotlin files in Java projects
To create a Kotlin file in a Java project, follow these steps
- In a Java project, select the target location, press Alt+Insert and choose Kotlin file from the pop-up menu.
- If this is first time you create a Kotlin file in a Java project, the banner shows:
Click the link Configure, and select the desired configurator:
In the dialog box Create Kotlin Java Runtime Library that opens, do the following:
- Choose the modules to configure (if there are several modules in a project)
- Specify which Kotlin run-time library should be used.
Note that in the future the configuration action is not required.
Last modified: 29 November 2017