Specifying Actions to Confirm
You can define that certain version control related activities should be performed only upon confirmation from your side. The activities for which confirmation is required are specified in the Confirmation settings page.
To specify which actions should require confirmation
- Below the Version Control node in the settings, select the Confirmation page.
- In the Files Creation/Deletion area, define how files created or deleted in IntelliJ IDEA should be added to or removed from a version control system. The available options are:
- Show options before adding to version control
- Add silently
- Do not add
- In the Display options dialog when these commands are invoked area, specify the commands, for which you want IntelliJ IDEA to display the Options dialog box. The available options are:
- Check Out
- Get Latest Version
- Undo Check Out
- Configure additional settings for working with changelists by selecting or clearing the corresponding check boxes:
- Specify whether the read-only state of files should require explicit cancellation.
- Specify whether meaningful comments on committing files to the repository should be required.
- Specify whether uncommitted changes should be moved to another changelist.
- Specify whether and how to create a changelist if the commit operation fails.
Last modified: 29 November 2017