This feature is supported in the Ultimate edition only.
In this section:
Next, most likely you will need to configure Web application elements, set initialization parameters, and define interaction with EJB, WebServices, etc. You will need various libraries to configure these components and relations and an application descriptor that contains definitions of these components, settings, and constraints.
With IntelliJ IDEA, you can have the basic application structure automatically set up according to the required standard and get extensive coding assistance at all the stages of Web application development.
Developing Web applications
To develop a Web application in IntelliJ IDEA, perform the following general steps:
- Enable Web application development support to get the necessary libraries, the basic folder hierarchy, and the application descriptor.
- Populate the Web module: create the required Java classes, configure servlets, filters, listeners, and references.
- Configure the required static Web content resources.
- Configure Web application deployment.
- Deploy and run the application.