The Dependency Viewer tool window displays results of analyzing dependencies, backward and cyclic dependencies.
In this section:
Panes of the dependency Viewer
The Dependency Viewer consists of the following panes:
- Analyzed Code pane in the upper-left part of the tool window containing a tree view of your project's files and packages. Selecting a node (package or file), for which you want to find dependencies, populates the Parent Code pane.
- Parent Code pane in the upper-right part of the tool window represents the classes your selection depends on. In addition to the other classes in project, these dependencies also include any classes in the libraries and test sources, if the corresponding view filter is enabled.
- Usage pane in the lower-left part of the tool window is populated when you select an entry in the Parent Code pane.
- For the dependencies analysis this pane contains the objects which your code is dependent on (that is, the code in the left pane uses them).
- For the backward dependencies analysis, these are the objects that depend on your code (that is, they use something of the code in the left pane).
- For the cyclic dependencies analysis this pane shows the objects which the analyzed code refers to and which, in turn, refer back to your code.
Analyzed Code Toolbar
|Item||Tooltip and Shortcut||Description|
|Close||Click this button to close the current tab of the tool window.|
|Click this button to rerun the dependency analysis in the same tab.|
|Flatten Packages||When the button is pressed, all packages display as a single-level tree view.|
|Show Files||When the button is pressed, files display in the Analyzed Code and Parent Code panes. Otherwise, both panes display the packages only.|
|Show Modules||When the button is pressed, items in the tree view display under the corresponding module nodes. Otherwise, the project items display under their packages. |
Grouping by modules enables you to show a package split among several modules.
|Show Module Groups||When the button is pressed, the items in the tree are arranged by user defined module groups.|
|Group By Scope Type||When the button is pressed, the items in the tree are grouped by the type of scope, i.e. production, test or libraries.|
|Show Illegals Only||When the button is pressed, the pane shows only illegal and invalid dependencies.|
|Mark Illegal||Click this button to mark the selected dependency as illegal.|
|Edit Rules||Click this button to open the Dependency Validation dialog and define the rules for dependencies analysis.|