Django Framework Support
In this section:
Supported versions of Django and Python
IntelliJ IDEA supports the latest Django versions. The corresponding Python versions depend on Django. See What Python version can I use with Django?
Django support in IntelliJ IDEA includes:
- Dedicated project and module type.
- Ability to run the tasks of the
- Django templates support (syntax and error highlighting, code completion, navigation, completion for block names, resolve and completion for custom tags and filters, and quick documentation for tags and filters).
- Ability to create templates from usage.
- Ability to debug Django templates.
- Live templates (snippets) for the quick development of Django templates.
- Run/debug configuration for Django server.
- Navigation between views and templates.
- Code insight support for Django ORM.
- Code completion and resolve in
- Class-based views. IntelliJ IDEA provides Intention action to convert Django function-based generic views to class-based views.
- Generating model dependency diagrams for Django models.
Enabling or disabling Django support
Django support can be turned on or off by attaching or detaching the Django facet.