This feature is only supported in the Ultimate edition.
IntelliJ IDEA implements Grails technology and allows creating Grails application with the specific folder structure and all the necessary artifacts.
IntelliJ IDEA supports all features of Grails 3.0.0 and later versions.
In this section:
Make sure that the desired SDK is downloaded and installed on your computer, and the libraries are properly configured.
Also, make sure that the Grails plugin is enabled in IntelliJ IDEA. The plugin is bundled with IntelliJ IDEA and is activated by default. If the plugin is not enabled, enable the plugin.
Grails Features in IntelliJ IDEA
Grails support in IntelliJ IDEA includes the following features:
- Automated way of creating Grails Applications that provides generation of the specific structure and artifacts.
- Automatic enabling Groovy support in the Grails Application modules, allowing creation of the Groovy classes, interfaces and scripts.
- Execution of the targets.
- Possibility to generate scaffolding.
- Possibility to generate tests.
- Code completion.
- Querying with dynamic finders.
- Dedicated run/debug configuration.
- Grails 3.1.0 supports the GORM version 5.0.
- Grails Web Layer.
- Grails Resources plugin.
- Grails Spock.
- Grails Standalone GORM