This feature is only supported in the Ultimate edition.
To view documentation for a symbol at caret
Press Ctrl+Q or choose on the main menu. The reference for the symbol is shown in the Documentation pop-up window.
- For a project symbol or for a symbol from the project dependencies, IntelliJ IDEA generates the documentation from the corresponding JSDoc comment.
d.ts). These files are bundled with IntelliJ IDEA and updated on a regular basis.
- If no comment is found in the
d.tsfiles, IntelliJ IDEA shows a summary from the corresponding MDN article.
To view the MDN documentation for a symbol at caret
- In the Documentation window (Ctrl+Q), click .
Press Shift+F1 or choose on the main menu.
- Position the cursor at the symbol in question and press Shift+F1 or choose on the main menu.
To view reference in a tool window
Pin the Documentation pop-up window. It turns into the Documentation tool window, with the corresponding sidebar icon and more controls.
To show documentation automatically
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), click General under Editor, then click Code Completion. The Code Completion page opens.
- Select the Auto-display documentation checkbox and specify the elapsed time.
To change the font size of quick documentation
- Click in the upper-right corner of the quick documentation window, and move the slider.
In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), click General under Editor and select the Change font size (Zoom) with Ctrl+Mouse Wheel checkbox.