On this page:
The consoles built in IntelliJ IDEA completely correspond to the shell consoles.
Besides the standard functionality, these consoles feature:
- Code completion.
- Syntax check with inspections.
- Automated insertion of paired brackets, quotes and braces.
- Scrolling through the history of commands using the arrow keys.
- Quick documentation lookup Ctrl+Q
To launch an interactive console
- On the main menu, choose any console-related command from the menu.
Last modified: 6 March 2018