Viewing Usages of a Symbol
Using the Show Usages function, you can bring up a list of the usages of a symbol across the whole project. So doing, the pop-up window with the list of usages of a symbol features a toolbar with the following buttons:
|Merge usages from the same line
|Merge usages of the symbol from the same line.
|Show read access
|Show read access to the symbol.
|Show write access
|Show write access to the symbol.
|Show import statements
|Show usages in the import statements.
|Group by file structure
|If this button is pressed, the found usages show under the corresponding method nodes.
|Open the Find Usages dialog box for the selected symbol where you can change the search options.
|Open Find Usages tool window/Alt+F7
|Click this button to pin the Show Usages pop-up window and show usages in the Find Usages tool window.
To view the usages of a symbol across the project
- Place the caret at the desired symbol in the editor.
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+Alt+F7.
- Examine and analyze the detected occurrences of a symbol:
- Use the toolbar buttons to present search results in the desired way.
- To jump from search results to a line of source code, click the desired entry.
- To close the list, press Escape.
- If necessary, customize the search options in the search options dialog box. To invoke the dialog box, do one of the following:
- In the Show Usages pop-up window, click .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7.
Last modified: 6 March 2018