Working with Grails Plugins
This feature is only supported in the Ultimate edition.
You can extend the functionality of your Grails application with the Grails plugins downloaded from the Grails repository. Once downloaded, the plugins reside under the
plugins directory of your Grails application. Each plugin has the same directory structure as the entire Grails application. The source directories of the installed plugins are included in the source routes and are marked in the module tree view with the icon.
For the sake of better communication with the Grails repository, IntelliJ IDEA provides the plugin manager that enables viewing, installing and uninstalling plugins.
For Grails versions 2.3.0 and later, refer to the Grails documentation.
To open the Grails plugin manager, do one of the following
- On the main menu choose .
- On the context menu of the Project view, choose .
To view the available plugins
- Open the Grails plugin manager, click the refresh button if necessary, and view the list of plugins in the Grails plugins dialog box:
To install or uninstall Grails plugins
- Open the Grails plugin manager. In the Enable column, select the checkboxes of the plugins to be installed, and clear the checkboxes of the plugins to be uninstalled. Then click Apply Changes.
- In the Install/Uninstall Grails plugins dialog box, review the list of plugins. If necessary, select the plugin version. Click OK.