Wrap Tag Contents
The Wrap Tag Contents refactoring allows you to wrap the contents of a set of XML tags in newly created tag. If this refactoring is invoked, all tags matching the selected tag name will have their contents wrapped. This bulk wrapping of tag contents may be useful as XML schemas evolve.
Wrapping tag contents
- In the editor, place the cursor within the tag whose contents you want to wrap.
- Select from the main or the context menu.
- Determine the name of the new tags which will wrap the contents of the selected tags.
- Determine the scope of the wrapping. All tags matching name of the tag selected will be wrapped, if they are in the selected scope. Scopes available include the current file, the entire project, or a specified directory or module. Directory scopes can either include sub-directories, or not, based on whether the Recursively checkbox is selected. If the Limit to files with DTD:... checkbox is selected, the scope will be limited to those files with the same DOCTYPE as the current file.
- Press Preview button to make IntelliJ IDEA to search for usages of the selected tag Find window.
- Click OK to continue. If you do not select the Preview option, all usages will be changed immediately.
Pressing Show XSLT... opens the XSLT preview window displaying an small fragment of XSLT equivalent to the refactoring requested. This fragment can be used by XSLT processors to perform the requested refactoring on files external to your IntelliJ IDEA project.
Refactoring preview window may appear anyway, if the files to be affected are read-only.