Creating and Saving Temporary Run/Debug Configurations
Sometimes you might need to run or debug a certain class with the main() method without creating a dedicated run configuration. In this case, you can use the temporary run configuration provided by IntelliJ IDEA.
Temporary run/debug configuration is added to the list of available configurations and works same way as the permanent run/debug configuration. You can change its settings using the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box and optionally save it as permanent.
Creating a temporary run/debug configuration
- Select the desired class with the
main()method in the Project view or open it in the editor.
- Do one of the following:
- On the context menu, choose or .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+F10.
IntelliJ IDEA creates a temporary configuration, which appears in the Run/Debug Configuration selector when the run or debug session is over.
Saving a temporary run/debug configuration
- In the Run/Debug Configuration selector, choose .
- In the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box, click .
- On the context menu of the editor or Project view, choose .