Django Framework Support
This feature is only supported in the Ultimate edition.
The following is only valid when Python Plugin is installed and enabled!
Supported versions of Django and Python
IntelliJ IDEA supports the latest Django versions. The corresponding Python versions depend on Django. See What Python version can I use with Django?
Django support in IntelliJ IDEA includes:
- Dedicated project and module type.
- Ability to run the tasks of the
- Django templates support (syntax and error highlighting, code completion, navigation, completion for block names, resolve and completion for custom tags and filters, and quick documentation for tags and filters).
- Ability to create templates from usage.
- Ability to debug Django templates .
- Live templates (snippets) for the quick development of Django templates.
- Run/debug configuration for Django server.
- Navigation between views and templates.
- Code insight support for Django ORM.
- Code completion and resolve in
- Meta model options:
- Class-based views. IntelliJ IDEA provides Intention action to convert Django function-based generic views to class-based views.
- Generating model dependency diagrams for Django models.
Enabling or disabling Django support
Django support can be turned on or off by attaching or detaching the Django facet .
To enable Django support, follow these steps:
- Open the Project Structure dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).
- In the Modules node, select the desired module to which Django support should be added, and click .
- Choose Django from the popup menu:
- Select the Django node under the module node and specify the required parameters in the right-hand pane.