Enabling application server integration plugins
All the available server integration plugins are enabled by default. However, before you start working with an application server, it's always worth making sure that the necessary plugin or plugins are enabled.
The server integration plugin names, normally, include the name of the server and the word Integration or Support, for example, GlassFish Integration, dmServer Support, Tomcat and TomEE Integration, etc.
- Open the Settings dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+S).
- In the left-hand part of the dialog, select Plugins.
- In the right-hand part of the dialog, on the Plugins page, type the server name of interest (e.g.
tomcat) in the search box. As a result, only the plugins whose names and descriptions contain the typed text are shown in the list of plugins.
- If the checkbox to the right of the plugin name is not selected, select it.
- Click OK in the Settings dialog.
- If suggested, restart IntelliJ IDEA.