Tiles is a templating system to create a common look and feel for a Web application.
Tiles are managed through creating, editing, and removing tile definitions, which describe tile attributes and tile elements. Tile definitions are specified in the
tiles-defs.xml which is created when you enable tiles support.
Tiles are removed in the same way as other Struts elements.
To create a tile
- Enable tiles support.
- To add a tile definition, add the
- Switch to the Struts Assistant tool window, tab Tiles. A new Definition node appears in the Structure Tree.
- Specify the attributes of the new tile in the Properties Table.
Alternatively, right-click the tile in the tree and selector press F4. This will bring you to
tiles-defs.xmlwhere you can specify the tile's attributes manually. IntelliJ IDEA displays a template for specifying the mandatory attributes.
To remove a tile
- Right-click the tile in the Structure Tree and select from the context menu.
To edit a tile
The elements are created, edited, and removed in the same way as common Struts elements.
- Select it in the Structure Tree.
- To edit the attributes of the tile, make the necessary changes in the Properties Table.
- To manage the elements of a tile, use the Structure Tree and the Properties Table.