Viewing Code Coverage Results
Viewing code coverage helps you detect pieces of your source code that are not affected by simulation.
To view code coverage results
- Do one of the following:
- Run the desired class with coverage, select suite to show, and open class in the editor.
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F6.
- View coverage results:
- In the Project tool window:
- In the dedicated Coverage tool window:
- Open in the editor the files you want to explore.
- Use the color indicators in the left gutter to detect the uncovered lines of code.
- To find out how many times a line has been hit, click the line in the gutter area.
The pop-up window that opens shows the statistic for the line at caret. For lines with conditions, the pop-up window also provides statistic:
Use the following toolbar buttons:
- : jump to the next/previous groups of covered or uncovered lines.
- : view JUnit tests that cover the line at caret.
The test that covers the line at caret, is shown in a pop-up window:
- This button is only available in the Tracing mode, and with the Track per test coverage checkbox selected.
- When pinned, this pop-up window converts into the Find tool window.
- : show byte code of the current class in a pop-up window:
- This button is only available, when Byte Code Viewer plugin that comes bundled with the product, is enabled.
- When pinned, this pop-up window converts into the Byte Code Viewer.
- : open the Color Scheme settings, where you have to choose the node Line Coverage.
- : hide coverage information.
- Create missing tests, as described in the section Creating Tests.
Last modified: 24 July 2018