Web Service Clients
In this section:
With IntelliJ IDEA, you can develop the client side for Web services of the following most common types:
- GlassFish/JAXWS2.X RI/Netro 1.X/JWSDP2.0 for developing JAX-WS Web services clients.
- Apache Axis for developing Apache Axis Web services clients.
- JAX-RS for developing RESTful Web Services clients.
You can also enable and manually configure support of the following additional WS engines:
Developing Web services client applications
To develop a Web services client application, follow these general steps:
- Create a Java module and enable support of the desired Web services client in it.
- Generate the client-side XML-Java binding.
- Modify the generated code to have the client properly initialized.
- To enable data exchange with the Web service, do one of the following:
- Declare the variables that will contain the request to the service and the service response.
- Have IntelliJ IDEA generate the Web service invocation.
- Populate the module with the necessary classes and methods to implement the user's interface.
- Run the application.
Last modified: 24 July 2018