XPath and XSLT Support
In this section:
- XSLT support is available in all XML files that declare the XSLT-Namespace
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transformon their root element.
- IntelliJ IDEA supports XSLT versions 1.0 and 2.0, XPath versions 1.0 and 2.0.
- An XSLT 2.0-capable processor (e.g. Saxon 9-HE) should be added to the classpath of a module that is used to run a Style Sheet, and placed in front of JDK. See Module dependencies.
The plugin lets you do the following:
- Evaluate expressions against the currently focused document, including support for the
document()function to make cross-document queries
- Evaluate an expression against multiple XML documents in a Find in Path style way by the new Find by XPath action.
The Expression Evaluation dialog allows you to highlight matching expressions in the current editor or to open the Find tool window to display a list of matching lines. Editing XPath expressions is enhanced by on-the-fly error-checking including a set of customizable XPath Inspections and a wide range of code completion suggestions.
The plugin also offers a way to display a unique XPath expression for a selected element in an editor. This is available via Main Menu.in the
XSLT support is not limited to XPath expressions, it also supports a wide range of XSLT constructs, like checking the existence of templates that are called via
xsl:call-template and their parameters, refactoring and navigation enhancements. Find out more about this in the XPath and XSLT Support section.