Configuring System Python Interpreter
To configure a system Python interpreter, follow these steps:
- Navigate to (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).
- In the Project Structure dialog, select SDKs under the Platform Settings section, click , and from the popup menu, choose Python SDK.
- In the left-hand pane of the Add Python Interpreter dialog box, select System Interpreter.
- In the Interpreter field, type the fully-qualified path to the required interpreter executable, or click and in the Select Java Interpreter dialog box that opens, choose the desired Java executable and click OK. Note that you will need admin privileges to install, remove, and upgrade packages for the system interpreter. When attempting to install an interpreter package through an intention action, you might receive the following error message: As prompted, consider using a virtual environment for your project.
- Click OK to complete the task.
Last modified: 4 September 2018