Creating Field Watchpoints
Field watchpoints help you target your debugging search to specific instance variables.
To create a field watchpoint in the Breakpoint dialog
- On the main menu, choose Run | View Breakpoints, or press Ctrl+Shift+F8.
- In the Breakpoints dialog box that opens, click.
- Select Field Watchpoint from the drop-down list:
- In the Add Field Watchpoint dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- Fully qualified name of a class that contains the desired field. You can type it manually, or click , and find the desired class by name, or from the project.
- Field name. You can type it manually, or click and select the desired field from the list of fields in the selected class.
To create a field watchpoint from the editor
- Open the desired class in the editor, and locate the field you want to create a watchpoint for.
- Alt+click on the left gutter at the field declaration line.
To create a field watchpoint from the Debug tool window
- During the debugging session, open the Variables tab.
- Select the desired field and choose Add Field Watchpoint on the context menu.
To delete a field watchpoint
- In the Breakpoints dialog box, select the desired field watchpoint, and click.
- In the editor, locate the line with the watchpoint to be deleted, and click its icon in the left gutter.
Last modified: 4 September 2018