Ruby Plugin extends IntelliJ IDEA with the full-scale functionality for Ruby development.
Before you start working with Ruby, make sure that Ruby plugin is installed and enabled.
Also make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Ruby SDK is downloaded and installed on your machine.
- The required framework SDKs are downloaded and installed on your machine.
Refer to their respective download and installation pages for details:
Changes to the UI
Being installed, the Ruby Plugin introduces the following changes to the IntelliJ IDEA UI:
- Ruby module type is added to the New Project and New Module wizards.
- Ruby SDK can be specified in the Add new SDK popup under the SDKs node of the Project Structure dialog.
- Ruby-related commands are added to the menu:
- Ruby and framework-specific run/debug configurations, inspections, intention actions, and refactorings.
Besides that, the following changes are made to the Settings/Preferences dialog: