IntelliJ IDEA integrates with Tox and allows running tests in multiple environments.
Before you start working with, make sure that plugin is installed and enabled.
Also make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Java SDK is downloaded and installed on your machine.
- The required framework SDKs are downloaded and installed on your machine.
- Tox is installed on at least one of the Java interpreters available on your computer.
- Your project contains the following files:
- test files
Using Tox integration
To make use of the Tox integration, follow these steps:
- Create a project and the required files.
- Right-click the file
tox.iniand choose Run. So doing, the dedicated Tox run/debug configuration is launched.
The results show up in the test runner tab of the Run tool window:
Right-click any test result in the Test Runner to execute Tox in a particular environment: