IntelliJ IDEA integrates with the nodeunit framework and makes it easier to test Node.js applications.
Before you start
Creating and running unit tests for Node.js applications
Creating Nodeunit tests
- Create a folder called
testat the same level as the
- Populate the
testfolder. For each production file, create a separate test file.
- Mark the folder where the unit tests are stored as a test source folder, see Working with modules.
Creating a Nodeunit run configuration
- Open the Run/Debug Configuration dialog box by choosing on the main menu.
- Click the Add button on the toolbar and select the Nodeunit configuration type.
- In the dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- The name to identify the configuration.
- Specify the Node.js interpreter to use, see Configuring a local Node.js interpreter for details.
- The working directory. This can be the project root folder or the parent directory for the
- The scope of tests to run.
- Apply the changes and close the dialog box.
Last modified: 18 June 2018