Associating a Copyright Profile with a Scope
On this page:
Associating a profile with a scope
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S or by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS, and click Copyright under Editor. The Copyright page that opens displays mappings between the available copyright profiles and scopes.
- Click (Alt+Insert). A row to define a new mapping is created.
- From the Scope drop-down list, select the desired scope.
- From the Copyright drop-down list, select the profile to apply to the selected scope.
- Continue composing the list of scope-profile mappings. Use (Alt+Insert) or (Alt+Delete) to add or remove the items. To reorder the mappings, use (Alt+Up) and (Alt+Down).
Setting the default Copyright profile for a project
The settings of the default profile will be applied to any project file that is not included in any scope or belongs to a scope that has no associated copyright profile.
- Open the Settings / Preferences Dialog by pressing Ctrl+Alt+S or by choosing for Windows and Linux or for macOS, and click Copyright under Editor.
- On the Copyright page that opens, select the desired copyright profile
from the Default project copyright drop-down list.
Note that is you select No copyright, any attempt to generate a copyright notice will fail and IntelliJ IDEA will prompt you to create a profile to apply.