Creating a New Android Project
- Launch the New Project wizard. If no project is currently opened in IntelliJ IDEA, click Create New Project on the Welcome screen:
Otherwise, select File | New | Project from the main menu.
- On the first page of the wizard, select Android in the left pane. In the right pane, IntelliJ IDEA automatically creates the name of your application, company domain, package name and the project location: You can edit the specified fields if you like. In our case, we have changed the default name of our application to
Note that the package name must have the following format: com.xxx.yyy, where xxx usually stands for your company name, and yyy is the application name. Note that you can use any names here, but the suggested pattern significantly reduces the risk of name conflicts with other applications.
- On the next page of the wizard, select a target device where the application will be run and debugged.
- On the next page of the wizard, add an activity for your module.
- On the next page of the wizard, customize the selected activity. Click Finish to complete the wizard.
- Your Android project will be created with the predefined project structure:
Last modified: 21 June 2018