Creating and Importing Joomla! Projects
To have a IntelliJ IDEA project set up and configured in accordance with the Joomla! requirements, you can either create a project by a dedicated Joomla! template or import and existing Joompla! project.
In this section:
- How do I create a IntelliJ IDEA project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- How do I import a Joomla! project?
How do I create a IntelliJ IDEA project by a Joomla! Integration template?
- Choose on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The Project Category and Options dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, click PHP from the list, then choose Joomla! Integration in the right-hand pane, and then click Next.
- On the second page of the wizard, specify the project name and the folder where it will be created.
How do I import a Joomla! project?
Besides creating a project anew according to the Joomla! template, you can open an existing Joomla! project in IntelliJ IDEA. IntelliJ IDEA recognizes the Joomla!-specific structure and suggests activating the Joomla! support in project.
- Open the folder with the Joomla! project
Choose File | Open Directory on the main menu, then select the required foler in the dialog box that opens.
- Enable Joomla! support in the project
As soon as IntelliJ IDEA detects the Joomla!-specific structure in the project, the following Joomla! Support message is displayed in a pop-up window: Click Enable.
- Configure PSR roots
As soon as IntelliJ IDEA detects PSR roots, it displays a message. Choose Automatic configuration.
- Install DocBlock templates
Click Install in the pop-up message that IntelliJ IDEA displays.