This feature is supported in the Ultimate edition only.
IntelliJ IDEA lets you create aspects in two forms: as
.aj files and
.java files containing classes annotated with
Note that by the time you start to create your aspects, you must have already enabled the AspectJ support plugins and defined aspectjrt.jar as a library.
Creating an aspect
- In the Project Tool Window, do one of the following:
- Select your source directory or the package in which you want to create a new aspect, and select File | New.
- Select the source directory or package, and press Alt+Insert.
- Right-click the source directory or package to open the context menu, and select New.
- Select Aspect.
- In the dialog that opens:
- Specify the name of the aspect in the Name field.
- Select one of the following options from the Kind list:
- Aspect to create a
.aj file with the specified name.
- @Aspect to create a
.java file containing a class annotated with
- Click OK.
Last modified: 11 October 2017