Cucumber supports BDD, and enables using features and scenarios written in a human-readable language.
In this section:
Cucumber becomes available in IntelliJ IDEA, provided that the following prerequisites are met:
- Cucumber for Java:
- Cucumber for Java bundled plugin is enabled.
cucumber-javaversion 1.xx is specified as a dependency.
- Cucumber for Groovy:
- Cucumber for Groovy bundled plugin is enabled.
cucumber-groovyversion 1.xx is specified as a dependency.
cucumbergem (for Ruby projects), or
cucumber-rails(for Rails applications) is installed and activated.
IntelliJ IDEA supports:
- Cucumber for Java, Cucumber for Groovy
- Cucumber both in plain Ruby projects, and in Rails applications.
Cucumber feature files are marked with icon.
Cucumber support includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting.
- Quick fix to create step definitions.
- Navigation between step definitions and steps.
- Ability to describe steps in English or any other language specified in the
- Run/debug configurations: Cucumber, Cucumber for Java, Cucumber.js.
- Ability to run all features in a directory, a feature, or a single step within a feature.