Django Framework Support
Supported versions of Django and Python
IntelliJ IDEA supports the latest Django versions. The corresponding Python versions depend on Django. See What Python version can I use with Django?
Django support in IntelliJ IDEA includes:
- Dedicated project and module type.
- Ability to run the tasks of the
- Django templates support (syntax and error highlighting, code completion, navigation, completion for block names, resolve and completion for custom tags and filters, and quick documentation for tags and filters).
- Ability to create templates from usage.
- Ability to debug Django templates .
- Live templates (snippets) for the quick development of Django templates.
- Run/debug configuration for Django server.
- Navigation between views and templates.
- Code insight support for Django ORM.
- Code completion and resolve in
- Meta model options:
- Class-based views. IntelliJ IDEA provides Intention action to convert Django function-based generic views to class-based views.
- Generating model dependency diagrams for Django models.
Enabling or disabling Django support
Django support can be turned on or off by attaching or detaching the Django facet .
To enable Django support, follow these steps:
- Open the Project Structure dialog (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S).
- In the Modules node, select the desired module to which Django support should be added, and click .
- Choose Django from the popup menu:
- Select the Django node under the module node and specify the required parameters in the right-hand pane.