New Project: Composer Project
The right-hand pane of the Project Category and Options dialog box looks as follows when you choose PHP in the left-hand pane and then choose Composer Project from the list in the right-hand pane.
Use the dialog box to have IntelliJ IDEA create a project with Composer-specific structure. To do this, appoint the Composer instance to use and install the package you need in the project.
The feature is supported only in the Ultimate edition when the Command Line Tools Support plugin is installed and enabled. The plugin is not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
| Project Name || In this text box, specify the name of the project, by default it is the name of the folder specified in the location field. |
| Project Location || In this text box, specify the path to the project folder where the project-related files will be stored. |
| Composer.phar || In this area, appoint the |
composer.phar file to use in project creation.
- Use existing composer.phar: choose this option to use commands from a previously downloaded
composer.phar and specify its location in the text box.
- Download composer.phar from getcomposer.org: choose this option to have a new instance of Composer downloaded. The
composer.phar file will be saved under the project root folder specified in the Location text box.
| Package || In this area, specify the package to install during the project creation. |
- Available packages: from this list box, select the package to install. Use the search field, if necessary: start typing the search string, as you type, the list dynamically reduces to show the packages that match the entered pattern.
- Description: this read-only text box briefly explains the functionality of the selected package.
- Version to install: from this drop-down list, select the package version. The contents of the list depend on the specific package.
| Settings || In this area, specify advanced settings for generating a project stub and installing packages (dependencies): |
- PHP interpreter: choose one of the configured PHP interpreters from the list. See Configuring Remote PHP Interpreters for details.
- Command line parameters: in this text box, type the additional command line parameters. For example, to have a package added to the
require-dev section instead of the default
require section, type
--dev. For more information about Composer command line options during installation, see https://getcomposer.org/doc/03-cli.md.
Last modified: 18 July 2017