New Project: Yeoman
This feature is supported in the Ultimate edition only.
The right-hand pane of the Project Category and Options dialog box looks as follows when you choose Static Web in the left-hand pane and then choose Yeoman from the list in the right-hand pane.
The feature is supported only in the Ultimate edition when the Node.js and Yeoman plugins are installed and enabled. The plugins are not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA, but they can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins. Once enabled, the plugins are available at the IDE level, that is, you can use them in all your IntelliJ IDEA projects.
| Project Name || In this text box, specify the name of the project, by default it is the name of the folder specified in the location field. |
| Project Location || In this text box, specify the path to the project folder where the project-related files will be stored. |
| Generators || In this area, create a list of Yeoman generators you need and select the one to use during the current project generation. |
- To add a generator to the list:
- Click Install Generator.
- From the dialog box that opens showing all the available generator packages, select the required package in the left-hand pane and click the Install Generator button that appears in the right-hand pane. You can install several packages one after another without leaving the dialog box.
When the installation is over, click Close to return to the list of generators which is already expanded with the newly added package.
- To create a project using a generator:
- In the Location field, specify the folder where the new project will be created. Type the path manually or click the and select the folder in the dialog box that opens.
- If necessary, in the Options text box, specify additional flags to customize the project creation. The set of available flags depends on the selected generator.
- Select the required generator from the list and click Next.
- Specify the required settings in the New Project wizard that starts. The number of pages and their contents depend on the chosen generator.
- On the last page of the wizard, select or clear the Run npm install&bower install checkbox to specify whether you want to run Node Package Manager and Bower to install the packages that are required for developing the new project.
- Click Next and choose to open the new project in the current window or in the new one.
| Options || In this text box, specify additional flags to customize the project creation. The set of available flags depends on the selected generator. |
| Configure Node.js and Yeoman || Click this link to open the Yeoman dialog box and change the settings of Node.js and Yeoman. |
Last modified: 26 October 2017