Main tasks related to working with application servers
Here are main tasks related to working with application servers in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Download and install the server that you are going to use. Even if you are going to use a remote server (i.e. one running on a different computer), the same server version must be installed locally.
- Make sure that the necessary server integration plugin or plugins are enabled in IntelliJ IDEA. See Enabling application server integration plugins.
- Define the server in IntelliJ IDEA. See Defining Application Servers in IntelliJ IDEA.
- Create an artifact configuration for your application.
- Create a run/debug configuration for your server. See Creating a server run/debug configuration.
- Start the server run/debug configuration to run or debug your application. See Starting a server run/debug configuration.
Last modified: 4 September 2018