In this section:
Before you start working with tox, make sure that Python plugin is installed and enabled. The plugin is not bundled with IntelliJ IDEA.
Also make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Python SDK is downloaded and installed on your machine.
- The required framework SDKs are downloaded and installed on your machine.
Refer to their respective download and installation pages for details:
IntelliJ IDEA integrates with Tox and allows running tests in multiple environments.
Make sure the following prerequisites are met:
- Tox is installed on at least one of the Python interpreters available on your computer.
- Your project contains the following files:
Using Tox integration
To make use of the Tox integration, follow these steps:
- Create a project and the required files.
- Right-click the file
tox.iniand choose Run. So doing, the dedicated Tox run/debug configuration is launched.
The results show up in the test runner tab of the Run tool window:
Right-click any test result in the Test Runner to execute Tox in a particular environment: