Menus and Toolbars
On this page:
MPS menus and toolbars let you carry out various commands. The main menu and toolbar contain commands that affect the entire project or large portions of it. Additionally, context-sensitive pop-up menus let you perform the commands, which are specific to a part of a project, like source file, class, etc. Almost each of the commands has an associated keyboard shortcut to enable quicker access to it.
Use the check commands of the Toolbar is selected.menu to show or hide the main elements of the MPS window. For example, if you want to show the main toolbar, make sure that the check command
Main elements of MPS window
- 1. Main menu
- The main menu contains commands for opening, creating projects, refactoring the code, running and debugging applications, keeping files under version control and more.
- 2. Main toolbar
- The main toolbar contains buttons that duplicate the essential commands for quicker access. You can hide the main toolbar, using the checked command on the toolbar context menu.
By default, the main toolbar is hidden. To show it, select the check commandon the main menu.
- 3.Navigation bar
- Navigation bar is a quick alternative to the Project tool window.
- 4. Context menus
- These menus, available with right-click, contain commands applicable to the current context.
- 5. Pop-up menus
- These menus, available with N/A, contain commands applicable to the current context.
Tips and tricks
- Show or hide the main elements of MPS UI using the menu.
- Descriptions of the actions from all the menus and toolbar buttons are displayed in the left side of the Status bar.
- If you know which action you want to perform, but do not know where to find the appropriate command, just press N/A, type some part of the name of action you want to perform, and select the desired action from the suggestion list.