Push Dialog (Mercurial, Git)
This dialog is available for the following version control systems:
The dialog consists of two panes (the Repositories pane and the Commit details pane) and the Push controls area:
The left pane shows a list of Git repositories (as well as which local branch/active bookmark will be pushed to which remote branch), and a list of commits performed in each repository.
- Hover the mouse over a commit: a tooltip is displayed showing the commit number, date and time, author, and the commit message. If the author of a commit is different from the current user, this commit is marked with an asterisk.
- Select the checkbox next to each repository to which you want to push.
If you have a multirooted project where repositories are not controlled synchronously, only the current repository is selected by default (or multiple repositories selected in the Project View). For details on how to enable/disable synchronous repositories control, refer to the following sources:
- for Git: Version Control Settings: Git
- To modify the target branch where you want to push (it is highlighted in blue), click it. The label turns into a text field where you can specify the target branch. You can also switch into the editing mode by selecting the branch that you want to modify and pressing N/A.
- You can also edit the remote repository (if there are multiple ones) in the same way as the remote branch. Note that if no remotes have been specified, the Define remote link will appear instead of a remote name. Click it to add a remote.
- If there are no remotes in the repository, the Define remote link appears. Click this link and specify the remote name and URL in the dialog that opens.
Commit details pane
The right pane shows which files are included in the selected commit. If you select multiple branches in the left pane, all corresponding commits will be shown.
The toolbar in this area provides the following options:
|Item||Tooltip and shortcut||Description|
|Click this button to open the Differences Viewer for Files dialog that shows the differences between the committed version of the selected file and it previous version.|
|Click this button to open the selected file in the editor.|
|Group by Directory|
|Click this button to toggle between the flat view and the directory view.|
| Collapse All / Expand All |
N/A / N/A
|Click these buttons to fold/unfold all nodes in the directory tree. These buttons are unavailable if the flat view is selected.|
The controls in this area allow you to select the following push options:
|Push Tags||This option is only available if you are using Git. |
By default, when you perform the
|Push||Click this button and select which operation you want to perform from the drop-down menu: |
For instructions on how to use the
For Git, these choice options are only available if the Allow force push option is enabled (see Version Control Settings: Git), otherwise, you can only perform the