Integrating Changes To/From Feature Branches
A Feature Branch is intended for working on a particular feature. It is normally constituted of data downloaded from the trunk, and is integrated back into the trunk when work on the feature is completed. You can apply all changes or select a subset of changes. MPS creates a changelist with the merged changes and offers it for commit.
To integrate changes from a branch, do the following:
- Open the Version Control tool window and switch to the Subversion Working Copies Information tab.
- Click the Merge from link and select the source of changes from the popup menu. The available options are:
- trunk: select this option to merge changes fro the trunk to the current branch.
- branches: select this option to apply changes from a specific branch to the current branch. Select the source branch from the Branches popup.
- tags: select this option to apply changes from a specific branch to the current branch. Select the source branch from the Tags popup.
- In the Merge from <branch_name> dialog box that opens, specify the scope of changes to apply.
- To have all changes applied, click the Merge all button.
- To have a subset of changes applied, click the Select revisions to merge button. In the list of revisions that is displayed, appoint the revisions to apply changes from by selecting checkboxes next to the desired revisions. To have the selected changes applied, click the Merge selected button.
- In the Files merged with conflicts, view the list of files where problems occurred during the merge procedure and resolve the problems using the following buttons:
- Accept Yours - click this button to have MPS force your changes.
- Accept Theirs - click this button to have MPS overwrite your changes.
- Merge - click this button to open the merge tool and resolve the conflicts there.