Updating Local Information
The Update command enables you to synchronize the contents of your local files with the repository. You can invoke this command on:
Depending on the updating options, the update procedure may take place silently. If all files are up-to-date, you will be notified about that. Otherwise, the Update Info tab opens in the Version Control tool window where you can group the information as required.
To update files and folders
- Select one or more files and folders to be updated in any navigation view (for example, in the Project Tool Window.
- On the main Version Control menu, or on the context menu of the selection, choose <VCS>| Update.
- In the Update dialog specify the update options, which are different for the supported version control systems, and click OK.
To update a project
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
- Press N/A.
- On the main menu, click .
- In the Update dialog, click the tab for your version control system.
- Specify the update options, which are different for the supported version control systems and click OK.