Defining TODO Patterns and Filters
On this page:
TODO items in the source code are defined by a certain pattern.
Whenever a pattern is changed, or a new pattern is added, MPS scans the whole project and rebuilds the index of TODO items. Results display in the TODO tool window, as described in the section Viewing TODO Items.
A generic pattern looks like
Defining TODO patterns
To define a TODO pattern, follow these general steps
- Open the TODO page of the Settings dialog.
- In the Patterns section, click the Add button to create a new pattern, or the Edit button to update an existing one. The Add/Edit Pattern dialog opens.
- In the Pattern field, enter the regular expression that describes the desired pattern.
- In the Icon list, select the desired icon that will mark the matching TODO items in the TODO tool window.
- Specify the color and font properties, which MPS will use to highlight the matching comments in the source code.
- Select the Case sensitive check box, if you want the pattern to be case-sensitive.