Opening, Reopening and Closing Projects
In this section:
AppCode allows opening several projects simultaneously in different windows. By default, each time you open a project while another one is opened, AppCode prompts you to choose whether to open the project in the same window or in a new window. If necessary, you can change this behavior using controls on the System Settings page.
- Open project in a new window to open a new AppCode window each time a new project is opened.
- Open project in the same window to stay in the same AppCode window.
- Confirm window to open project in to keep the default behavior and display a dialog box to choose how to open each new project.
Opening an existing project
To open an existing project
Reopening a recent project
AppCode keeps the history list of the recent projects, from which you can select the desired one.
To reopen a recent project
You can also:
- Reopen a recent project from the Welcome screen. To do that, click the project of interest in the left-hand pane where the list of your recent projects is shown. Start typing in the Welcome screen to filter the list of recent projects.
- Terminate the project opening process, without waiting when it finishes loading, by clicking Cancel in the progress window.
- Open projects and individual files from the command line, by specifying the project or file name as a command line argument.
- Remove all projects from the list of recent projects .
- Delete a certain recent project on the Welcome screen.
Closing a project
When the only open project is closed, the Welcome screen is displayed. In case of multiple projects, each one is closed with its frame.