UI Designer allows you to
work with user interface files
.storyboard). It opens the UI files in new document tabs and provides all necessary controls and commands
to create and edit user interfaces.
Since version 3.2, UI Designer is not longer bundled with AppCode. Therefore, the double-click on a user interface file (
doesn't activate UI Designer, unless you had not installed the plugin before. Instead, the Xcode is launched upon that action
and the source
xml code is opened in AppCode Editor window.
If you prefer UI Designer as default processor for
storyboard files, please download and install plugin from our
AppCode Plugins Repository.
UI Designer consists of the following components:
- Design canvas provides a visual representation of scenes and connections between them.
- The Palette lists all available components and UI objects, which you can drag to the design canvas.
- The Component Tree displays a tree structure of all UI components in your UI file. It is synchronized with the canvas and you can use it to precise selection of the components. Drag and drop is also supported here.
- The Properties/Connections panel displays properties and connections of the currently selected component. Properties and connections with non-default values are highlighted with blue. To roll back to default values, you can use the Restore default value button. To copy the selected value to the clipboard, press ⌘C.
- UI Designer currently doesn't support Xcode 6 universal storyboard format and is not available for Swift projects.
- OS X user interface files are not supported in the current version as well.