Viewing Inline Documentation
Quick Documentation Lookup helps you get quick information for any symbol or just method signature information, provided that this symbol has been supplied with documentation comments in the applicable format.
Type inference support in Quick DocumentationAppCode handles the Quick Documentation for the inferred types of symbols for all the supported languages. The IDE infers the type of the expression based on the provided values and renders that information in the Quick Documentation Window.
Refer to the sections below for general procedures of the Quick Documentation presentation.
AppCode handles the Quick Documentation for a symbol from the line
comments that start with the three slashes.
Documentation comments can be applied to the following symbols: class, structure, enum, protocol, interface, variable, property, parameter, method, etc. Refer to the sections below for general procedures of the Quick Documentation presentation.
In this section:
- Viewing quick documentation.
- Changing font size in the quick documentation window.
- Toolbar of the quick documentation window.
- Tips and Tricks
To view documentation for a symbol at caret, do one of the following
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press F1.
- Provided that the check box Show quick doc on mouse move in the editor settings is selected, just move your mouse pointer over the desired symbol.
When you explicitly invoke code completion, then quick documentation for an entry selected in the suggestion list can be displayed automatically. The behavior of quick documentation lookup is configured in the Code Completion page of the Preferences dialog.
To change the font size of quick documentation, do one of the following
- Click in the upper-right corner of the quick documentation window, and move the slider.
- Rotate the mouse wheel while keeping the Ctrl key pressed.
Toolbar of the Quick Documentation Lookup
The Quick Documentation Lookup window helps navigate to the related symbols via hyperlinks, and provides a toolbar for moving back and forth through the already navigated pages, change font size, and viewing documentation in an external browser.
When pinned, the Quick Documentation Lookup turns into Documentation Tool Window, with the corresponding sidebar icon, and more controls.
Tips and tricks
- Sequential pressing F1 toggles the focus of the Quick Documentation pop-up window and Documentation Tool Window.