In this section:
CoffeeScript support overview
AppCode provides CoffeeScript support.
*.coffee files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding
assistance without any additional steps from your side.
CoffeeScript files are marked with icon.
Preparing for CoffeeScript development
To prepare for CoffeeScript development, follow these steps
- Make sure the CoffeeScript plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with AppCode and activated by default. If it is not, enable the plugin, see Enabling and Disabling Plugins for details.
- Download and install the Node.js framework.
- Configure the Node.js interpreter in AppCode:
CoffeeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- CoffeeScript-specific refactoring procedures, such as change signature, extract parameter, extract variable.
- Code generation
- Navigation through source code
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (⌥⌘B) from overridden method / subclassed class.
- Executing CoffeeScript files involves: