Groups allow bringing order to the project files and this is their only purpose. You can arrange project items in any way you like. For example, you can organize Model, View and Controller classes in separate group or create a group hierarchy for tests.
To create a new empty group
- In the Project tool window, select the destination directory node.
- Right-click on the selection or press N/A to invoke the context menu, and then choose .
- In the New Group dialog box that opens specify the group name. By default, AppCode creates underlying directory for the group to keep group and directory structure synchronized. If necessary, you can create a group without the directory; to do so, clear the Create folder check-box.
- Click OK to create the group. As soon as the group appears in the Project tool window, you can drag files and groups into it.
To group existing files and groups
- In the Project tool window, select several items (files and/or groups) - click on them keeping the ⌘ key pressed.
- Right-click on the selection or press N/A to invoke the context menu, and then choose . Note that all selected items should be on the same level of the project hierarchy.
- In the New Group dialog box that opens specify the group name and click OK.