On this page:
To extract a Objective-C constant in-place
- Place the cursor within the expression or declaration of a variable to be replaced by a constant.
- Do one of the following:
- If more than one expression is detected for the current cursor position, the Expressions list appears. If this is the case, select the required expression. To do that, click the expression. Alternatively, use the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate to the expression of interest, and then press ⏎ to select it.
- If more than one occurrence of the expression is found within the class, specify whether you wish to replace only the selected occurrence, or all the found occurrences with the new constant.
- If you want the constant to be defined in the header file, select the Put to header check box.
- Specify the name of the constant. Select the name from the list or type the name in the box with a red border.
To complete the refactoring, press
If you haven't completed the refactoring and want to cancel the changes you have made, press ⎋.
Last modified: 5 December 2016