Integrating Changes To/From Feature Branches
A Feature Branch is intended for working on one particular feature. It is normally constituted of data downloaded from the trunk and is integrated back into the trunk when the work on the feature is completed. You can apply all the changes or select a subset of them. AppCode creates a changelist with the merged changes and offers it for commit.
To integrate changes from a branch
- Open the Version Control tool window and switch to the Subversion Working Copies Information tab.
Click the Merge from link, and choose the changes' source on the context menu. The available options are:
- trunk - choose this option to merge the changes from the trunk to the current branch.
- branches - choose this option to have changes from a specific branch applied to the current branch. Select the source branch in the Branches pop-up list.
- tags - choose this option to have changes from a specific branch applied to the current branch. Select the source branch in the Tags pop-up list.
In the Merge from <branch_name> dialog box that opens, specify the scope of changes to apply.
- To have all changes applied, click the Merge all button.
- To have a subset of changes applied, click the Select revisions to merge button. In the list of revisions that is displayed, appoint the revisions to apply changes from by selecting check boxes next to the desired revisions. To have the selected changes applied, click the Merge selected button.
In the Files merged with conflicts, view the list of files where problems occurred during the merge procedure
and resolve the problems using the following buttons:
- Accept Yours - click this button to have AppCode force your changes.
- Accept Theirs - click this button to have AppCode overwrite your changes.
- Merge - click this button to open the merge tool and resolve the conflicts there.