Make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- Docker is installed, as described on the page Docker Docs. You can install Docker on the various platforms:
- Plugin Docker integration is installed.
The plugin is not bundled with AppCode, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Overview of Docker support
- Docker configurations. These are named sets of settings for accessing the Docker Remote API.
- Docker Deployment run/debug configurations. They let you download and build Docker images, and create and start Docker containers. Application debugging is supported only for Objective-C.
- Docker tool window that lets you manage your Docker images and containers.
- Docker Registry configurations that represent your Docker image repository user accounts.
Working with Docker: Process overview
- Install Docker and start the Docker daemon (on Windows and OS X - along with the Docker VM in which it runs). For corresponding instructions, see Get Started with Docker.
- Create a Docker configuration. You can do that:
- Separately, in the Settings / Preferences dialog: ⌃⌥S .
- When creating a Docker Deployment run configuration: , etc.
See the settings for a Docker configuration.
- Create a Docker Deployment run configuration.
- Execute the run configuration.
- Use the Docker Tool Window to manage your Docker images, containers and deployed applications.