Navigating with Structure Views
To navigate to a member in the editor
- Choose on the main menu or press ⌃F12.
- In the File Structure pop-up window that opens select the Narrow down the list on typing check box and start typing the desired member name.
- Use the navigation keys to select the desired node. Then do one of the following:
- If the cursor rests on a top or intermediate node (for example, class or element ), double-click this node or press ⏎ to expand it in the Structure pop-up, or press F4 to jump to its declaration in the editor.
- If the cursor rests on a leaf node (for example, a member or lowest-level element ), double-click this node or press ⏎ to jump to its declaration in the editor.
In the case of an inherited member, the respective parent class opens in the editor.
You can also use the Structure tool window (⌥7). This view is flexibly configurable and useful for many tasks, apart from navigation. However, the File Structure pop-up window is the easiest way for quick navigation.